To minimize the risk of virus transmission, and to ensure the safety of yourself and other patients, there are certain safety protocols that will be implemented upon the re-opening of the practice from Monday 4 May 2020.
- Each patient will be screened for history of actual or suspected contact with Covid-19 cases, or presence of Covid-19 symptoms in the last 2 weeks.
- This is to ensure no individuals with previous contact or symptoms of Covid-19 are exposed to the practice. It is also to ensure that if a patient is showing symptoms or has potentially been in contact with the virus, that they are correctly guided with regards to treatment.
- If you pass the screening, you will be allowed to attend your appointment. If not, you will unfortunately not be allowed to attend the appointment, and will be advised to continue with self-isolation for a 2 week period, after which your physiotherapy can begin.
- All patients must wear a face mask when attending their appointment as per national government guidelines
- All patients must utilize the hand sanitiser at the sanitisation station at the entrance to the practice before entering
- Each patient to please bring their own towel. There will be no bedding on the treatment bed to minimize risk of spread. The treatment area will be sanitized with alcohol solution after each patient‘s appointment.
- All patients must utilize the hand sanitiser at the sanitisation station at the entrance to the practice upon exiting the practice after their consultation
- Patients will be booked at appropriate intervals to ensure no overlap of patients in the practice waiting area. This is to ensure social distancing guidelines are adhered to.
Your patience and consideration in these regards are much appreciated. Apologies about any inconvenience.
It is all in the name of looking after everyone’s health and tackling this disease.
For the latest on Covid-19, please visit sacoronavirus.co.za